April 1 falls on a Friday this year. So, in the spirit of April Fool's Day randomness and dislocation, I'm pleased to announce The Great April Fool's Day #FridayFlash Blogswap! Here's how it works:
1. Leave a comment below indicating your willingness to swap blogs with another #FridayFlash author. Be sure to include your Twitter handle.
2. On the Ides of March, I'll throw everyone into the the Hat of +5 Random Numbers and match you up in randomized pairs. You'll get an e.mail letting you know a) who you've been matched with, and b) a randomly chosen story prompt for you both to work from.
3. The two of you work out the details on the cross-posting - web addresses, text, themes, etc., and get back to me with the right info, and with any problems or serious thematic mis-matches.
4. On April Fool's Day, you'll host someone else's story and that person will host yours, both written to the same prompt. Landless will have a listing of all the prompts, the participants and where to find them.
5. UPDATE: see the FAQ for more info
So... crazy enough for you? Who's with me?
===== Feel free to comment on this or any other post.