Bernard Pivot Questionnaire - the Noland edition
It's been a while since I've done something like this, and I feel the need for a bit of levity today. So, here's my take on the Bernard Pivot Questionnaire.
1. What is your favorite word? My favorite word is, and has always been, "syzygy", which is the nearly straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies (as the sun, moon, and earth during a solar or lunar eclipse) in a gravitational system. Mmmm, syzygy.
2. What is your least favorite word? There are a lot of words I dislike, but "cunt" is probably at the top of the list. I feel just a bit stupider and less attractive merely for having typed the word.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Helping people. Finding hidden facets of beauty in the mundane. Being appreciated.
4. What turns you off? Having my ability to compose and arrange coherent, compelling sentences referred to as "using the golden shovel."
5. What is your favorite curse word? "Shite". It's so much more interesting than "shit", with the added bonus that, here in the U.S. at least, you can use it in polite company.
6. What sound or noise do you love? Rain, anything from gentle showers to massive, howling thunderstorms.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Whining. I hate it when other people do it, I hate it when I do it.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd like to work in an urban greenhouse in a big city, perhaps on a rooftop or on brownfield land. I'd grow flowers, decorative plants and fresh fruits and vegetables in trays, pots and hydroponic tanks, then sell them at a farmer's market right in the middle of the city. I'm thinking of something sort of like this.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Telemarketing. I did it for a while. Never again.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Hey, Tony, good to see you, man. How was the trip? Come on in, I'll show you to your room. Once you're settled in, there are some people I think you'd like to meet. They're in the bar. Come on down, I'll introduce you."
===== Feel free to comment on this or any other post.
Posted Wednesday, February 16, 2011