Michelle D. Evans asked for ten things that make me happy, so here they are (in no particular order):
1. Hot coffee on a cold morning.
2. Filling in the last numbers on a "Gold Level"/"Black Belt"/"Impossible" sudoku puzzle.
3. The way the halves fly apart when the splitting maul strikes the log just so.
4. The smell of baking bread.
5. The feel of a rifle butt slamming into my shoulder as I squeeze off a round.
6. Reading a comment from a reader who was moved to tears (or giggles) by something I wrote.
7. Sun-warmed cherry tomatoes, eaten straight off the vine as I stand in my garden.
8. Loving, caring sex. Regular old everyday sex is nice, too, but the loving & caring kind fills your soul with joy.
9. Children singing.
And you? What are ten things that make you happy?