- Landless is all about writing and fiction. Articles should be about the writing life: challenges and how to overcome them, discussions of technique and mechanics, information about the business side of writing, etc. Whatever the topic, they should be informative and/or insightful.
- Fiction and poetry submissions can be in almost any mainstream genre. Please browse some of my fiction to see what I'm talking about. Note that slashfic, hard porn, gratuitous animal cruelty, exaltation of violence, racism, homophobia and comparable works are unsuitable.
- The article or piece of fiction should sound like you, in your own unique voice. This might seem like a no-brainer, but when doing a guest posting on a blog, there's an impulse to try to sound like the host. Resist this impulse. People who come to Landless get to hear me all the time; this is about them hearing YOU.
- Articles should be 500-1500 words long, and must be carefully proofread for typos, misspellings, broken HTML, missing/redundant words, etc. Also, grammar and sentence construction must generally follow standard rules of English language usage.
- Be passionate. Be funny. Be interesting. Be creative. Be excellent.
Guest blogger: submission guidelines
Do you write? Do you read? Do you know something the rest of us don't? From time to time, I'll feature guest writers here at Landless. If you would like to contribute a piece, you can DM me on Twitter or shoot me an e.mail (noland.tony -at- gmail.com). Here are some guidelines to follow.
Posted Wednesday, June 23, 2010