A little while ago, T.L. Brink was kind enough to award me the Versatile Blogger Award
The award calls for me to share seven things about myself. I've talked about myself a few times in the past, so these will have to be seven new things, right?
1. I'm allergic to dust and pollen. I almost choked into unconsciousness once when I walked into a pumpkin field in bloom, the heady scent of pumpkin flowers giving way to an allergic reaction that made me sneeze so hard and so frequently that I couldn't breathe in between sneezes. Talk about a stupid way to die... forced to sneeze to death by pumpkin flowers. Fortunately, a friend was with me and helped me to stagger out of the field to the upwind side.
2. I was once told that my biggest asset is that I'm not afraid to look like an idiot when the circumstances call for it.
3. The one time I got a crew cut, I looked like a white supremacist neo-Nazi. Scared the hell out of the neighbors, who thought I'd gone around the bend.
4. My first girlfriend didn't so much dump me as get tired of me, start cheating on me and then just stop wanting to talk to me on the phone.
5. I love to ice skate, but have few opportunities to indulge.
6. I've been focused on flash and short stories so much of later, that I've done essentially nothing on novel WIPs in months.
7. I'm not very involved in writerly social sites like Editor Unleashed (now defunct), Writing.com, Fictionaut, etc., even though I know a number of writer friends and acquaintances who live and die by them.
===== Feel free to comment on this or any other post.