NOTE: If you like anything you read here, feel free to comment on it and tell people about it. Every post has a permalink, or you could just link to this page.
If you really like something you read here, you could also send me (firstname.lastname@example.org) $1.98 via PayPal. It's not obligatory, but money is like love... even a little bit is greatly appreciated.
If you really, really like something you read here, I'm available for freelance work...
#FridayFlash fiction ~1000 words, posted on Fridays (F=Fantasy; H=Horror; L=Literary; S=Science Fiction)
- 4:45 - An erotic after-school interlude (L)
- A Level-Headed Man - He never lost his cool, and he never failed. (L)
- Back of the Class - Not every little boy is lovable. (L)
- Comes the Witching Hour - Do you... smoke? (F)
- Cutting - If she were your daughter, you'd do something. Wouldn't you? (L)
- The Death of Lee Harvey Oswald - For me to win, he has to die. (S)
- Five Hundred Francs - The classics never die. (F)
- Intervention - A dialogue about what really happened on Valentine's Day. (L)
- I Weep Not For Thee - The road home is cold and silent, but not uncaring. (L)
- Nearer Comes the Moon - Flight, sacrifice and love in Ashland, OH. (F)
- Not My Intention - A guy, a gal and a basket of laundry. (L)
- Phil's Christmas Present - One man, alone with his cigarettes. (L)
- Philly's in the House - Are you gonna let New York show us up? (L)
- Pot of Gold - Humanity's greatest moment comes in five... four... three... (S)
- Racist Bastard - How could anyone NOT hate this guy? (L)
- Reconciliation - Forgiveness? For a mug like you? Fuggedaboutit... (L)
- Ridi, Pagliaccio - Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone. (F)
- Third Shift at McSweeny's - Wanna see a magic trick? (F)
- Time's Arrow - How do you kill what is too fast to touch? (F)
- Truly, Deeply, Endlessly - Love, hope and pain in Chicago. (H)
- Two Lutheran Pastors - Not quite what you'd expect. (L)
- The Way of All Flesh - Compulsion by moonlight. (H)
- @TweetTheMeat: Arabesque; Babe in Toyland;WASP LEG; Penance;
- @Outshine: Electric shoes; Older, But Not Yet Old; Gasoline?;
- @Thaumatrope: Blood lust; My Father's Eyes; Rule of Three; Leafblower; Eyes of the Pumpkin; Regifting; Song of the Blue Ant; Spawn and Respawn;
- #OIA: Orbital Insertion and Assault A serialized piece of collaborative Twitter fiction. Experimental.
- Burnpoint Serialized Twitter fiction. Somewhat less experimental.
- Twit Fic for Edinburgh Pieces in honor of the West Port Book Festival
- Eight Maids A'Milking Science fiction/horror.
- Awash Tudor horror.
- Home Cure Death, horror, filth, rat stew and a nice cup of tea.
- Sunlight on the Plaza Below Rage, pain and revenge gone wrong.
- Ode to the Semicolon Grammarians, to the barricades!
- Twelve, a really bad poem and an analysis of Twelve Poets, enter at your own risk.
- Introduction to Magic An excerpt from a novel in progress, "One Thousand Candles" (YA fantasy).
- Needlework An excerpt from an novel in progress, "The Blood of Yesterday's Heroes" (sci-fi/action)
- Rosetta An opening for a novella (scifi, gov't conspiracy)